Seattle savors a stellar summer but the shorter days are sending us the message we all know is coming. As a Seattle interior designer and patio lover, I’m planning to extend my outdoor moments as long as I can. The themes of ‘back to school’ and ‘football parties’ are prime opportunities to gather and socialize as long as possible.
I’ve gathered some tips and ideas with that in mind in this blog post. So keep the grill going, the umbrella up and cushions on your outdoor furniture for a few more weeks.
Below find some tips for enjoying outdoor patios with shorter days, cooler evenings and pumpkin-inspired colors.
Six Tips to Extend Your Outdoor Spaces in Autumn
- Take a cue from nature’s fall foliage – select pillows, throws, candles and other accessories in orange hues.
- Punch up the table with accent colors like plum and russet red for napkins and placemats-two colors are fine.
- Consider adding a placemat with pattern and fall colors to the mix: stripes, seasonal patterns with leaves are readily available.
- Gather pine cones to use as accessories in baskets and bowls. Rinse, dry and spray paint if you’re adventurous.
- Fire pits and heaters extend the outdoor entertaining so guests can linger.
- Plan an al fresco potluck dinner or a wine tasting party with friends and neighbors.
We’d love to help you plan for parties this holiday season. Give us a call to learn what we can do for you. Contact us for a free phone consultation.