Because Sofas for your favorite tv shows or that book you can’t put down while you sip wine and snuggle are a difficult decision..
consider these guidelines and ~ Imagine the Possibilities
There is a vocabulary for sofas, did you know? It gives one pause about which one is the right one. Here’s a sample of terms for you ~
- Loose back, semi-attached or tight back cushions.
- Then there’s an all pillow back (higher maintenance), channel back (tight back), curved and more.
- And sofa arms can be rolled or square, narrow or wide;
- Seats can be tight (like the back cushions), a bench like on a settee and then a series of seat cushions with a variety of fillings.
- Finally, the legs can be exposed (and styled as you like) or skirted. Are your eyes blurry?
What about size of your sofa? I suggest it conform to the proportion of your other furniture and your space.
Most important, it needs to fit you. If others in your home are smaller or taller, you can adjust using pillows.
Plus ottomans are another option to make adjustments. And ottomans have additional benefits for small seats.
We can help you sort out a sofa and make it the perfect one for you. My current projects need many pieces of furniture for comfortable seating. So I’m investigating lots of options for my clients.
Plus High Point Furniture Market is mid-April and my lodging and flight is already confirmed. I’ll be sourcing all sorts of furnishings for projects.
Our firm is eager to assist you find the favorite, comfortable sofa (or chair) that you long to relax in ~
PS. Just back from High Point Furniture Market with lots of sofa options.